A new stage.
Saturday, December 5, 2009


A few days ago, when I was walking home on a rainy day... I saw this elderly lady walking very slowly... I guess she was just scared that she would fall or something. She was struggling, holding an umbrella... and just trying to make sure the bottom of her pants will not get wet... Well, I thought of helping her... but something just stop me... like I was actually hesitating... on whether to help or not and in the end I didn’t and just cut pass her... but I felt that there was just something wrong and was a bit guilty so I went back, wanted to just help her get to her destination. But I was a bit too late, cause she had already reach the place she wanted to go. So as I was walking back home… I started thinking why was I hesitating? It is just very weird. It is a good deed... not like I was going to do something bad... and I actually regretted not helping her even though nothing happened to her… like I just felt bad. I realised that the reason why I was hesitating was cause I was scared of how ppl will look at me... the most important is how the elderly lady will react to my help. Like I was scared of being "rejected"? Even on the bus, sometimes you offer your seat to someone… they just reject it... it is a bit embarrassing, isn't it?

Now even after a few days… I had been thinking about this. Like I just feel it is weird how I actually cared how ppl look at me even though I was just helping someone. Is it because of how Singaporeans are? Like cause of how our society are… how we are just so caught up with stuff… that we forgotten our values and manners? I don’t know. Like seldom we see ppl helping some elderly person crossed the road… or even a simple thing like offering seats to the elderly… I just feel that even though Singapore may seem like the perfect place to live in… something is missing… our values are missing… Our manners are missing... we just don’t have the love and care… I guess… ppl like me just feel weird helping out… ppl just feel that it is not normal to help some strangers… which lead to less love and care in society... cause nobody is helping… ppl are starting to worry how others will look at them… and stuff… u get what I mean la... =)))

I guess only if ppl don’t care about how others will look at them… and just help. Singapore will be a better place? Anywayz it is a good deed… what’s there to be embarrassed about rite? ppl should look up to you… yup. And when everyone starts helping around. I guess it will become a habit and it will not feel that weird anymore I will try to do that! The next time I see somebody who needs help… I will help! =))))


5:36 PM


&Disclaimer

❤ one of us is lying, there's no use in trying, no need to pretend... ❤

&Silly cookie

*GEEK!
Hey hey. My parents are Hoochie Mama and Nerdy Papa, hence my name is GEEK. I wear a pair of thick-framed black glasses, which people complain are so nineteen-fifty. And I'm seen with a book wherever I go. I'm a science geek who is in a triple science class. My friends mock me for that, but of course the typical me don't give a damn. -That's me

&Utter nonsense

Spammers
Leave a tag! Its a must!



&silly friends


site
site
site
site
site
site
site
site
site
site
site
site


&silly life


February 2009

March 2009

April 2009

May 2009

June 2009

July 2009

August 2009

September 2009

October 2009

November 2009

December 2009

January 2010

February 2010

March 2010

April 2010

May 2010

June 2010

July 2010

August 2010

September 2010

May 2011

June 2012

October 2012


&big thankyou

This skin was entirely made by vintage.veggie. Resources used have been credited, strictly no touching any of the credits. Basecodes were done by me as well.

x x x